Let's Talk!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Health Care law

3 posters

Go down

Health Care law Empty Health Care law

Post  Admin Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:15 pm

Do you think that every American should be forced to by Healthcare in 2014? What's your thought on this matter?

Admin
Admin

https://letstalkaboutstuff.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Health Care law Empty Re: Health Care law

Post  Flobalob Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:04 am

I've visited America many times. One time in particular, I headed out to Las Vegas for my sister's wedding, her (soon-to-be) husband got randomly punched in the face (unprovoked) during the pre-stag night. We visited the hospital and he had to pay over $3000 to have stitches in his head. It came as a bit of a shock considering in Britain the NHS means that it would have been free to get the stitches here. Not really sure whether he managed to claim back some money through insurance or not, but to someone who doesn't have a particularly large amount of cash, this could really put them into some debt.

Now, since there are states with individual laws in America, I'm not sure whether this is a federal law or what.
Flobalob
Flobalob

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:06 am

Flobalob wrote:I've visited America many times. One time in particular, I headed out to Las Vegas for my sister's wedding, her (soon-to-be) husband got randomly punched in the face (unprovoked) during the pre-stag night. We visited the hospital and he had to pay over $3000 to have stitches in his head. It came as a bit of a shock considering in Britain the NHS means that it would have been free to get the stitches here. Not really sure whether he managed to claim back some money through insurance or not, but to someone who doesn't have a particularly large amount of cash, this could really put them into some debt.

Now, since there are states with individual laws in America, I'm not sure whether this is a federal law or what.

My opinion on the matter is neutral. I'm not really decided at the moment. Question

Admin
Admin

https://letstalkaboutstuff.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SRNH Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:41 pm

Flobalob wrote:I've visited America many times. One time in particular, I headed out to Las Vegas for my sister's wedding, her (soon-to-be) husband got randomly punched in the face (unprovoked) during the pre-stag night. We visited the hospital and he had to pay over $3000 to have stitches in his head. It came as a bit of a shock considering in Britain the NHS means that it would have been free to get the stitches here. Not really sure whether he managed to claim back some money through insurance or not, but to someone who doesn't have a particularly large amount of cash, this could really put them into some debt.

Yeah, I get that. I don't really see why the US can't get health care right when there are so many examples blatantly lying in front of them.

SRNH

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum